Data We Collect and Why
When you contact us or place an order, we may collect personal information such as your name, contact details, payment details, correspondence with us and other similar information. For Motability customers, we will also need to collect your National Insurance number and applicable benefit entitlement. This information is collected to enable us to process your order or enquiry.
We also collect special category data on health conditions, to ensure we provide you with appropriate services, and to enable us to supply you zero-rated of VAT (if applicable).
This list is not exhaustive, and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Our legal bases for collecting and using your data are:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests, to provide, improve and promote our services;
- For contracts, including enquiries pursuant to a contract;
- Complying with our legal obligations.
Our website uses “cookies”, which are small files stored on your device to remember specific information about your visit to the site.
These are used for two purposes – firstly to allow you to shop online and view your account. Secondly, we use Google Analytics to collect anonymous data about how visitors use our site – this information is used to help us improve your browsing experience on our website.
We are committed to keeping your data secure. Our security measures include encrypting your data, strong internal policies and training for staff on data security, and regular assessments of our partners’ security systems.
Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data for is six years from the end of your contract or last contact with us – this is to process product recalls, and for VAT recording requirements.
To provide you with our services, it is necessary for us to share some of your personal data with our partners. This includes couriers, online payment processors, IT service providers, insurers, credit providers, credit reference bodies (with your consent only), and government bodies or law enforcement agencies when we have a legal obligation to do so or to exercise our legal rights.
We do not share your data with third-parties for marketing purposes.
Your rights include:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- The right, in certain circumstances, to request that we delete personal data held on you, where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it.
- The right to ask us to update and correct any incorrect or out-of-date personal data that we hold about you.
- The right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’, which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights above, please contact us on 0800 025 8005 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .