With more than 350,000 mobility scooter users in the UK, and the number rapidly rising, they are an invaluable way for many people to get around, maintaining their independence. Wheelfreedom have over 10 years' experience of helping customers get the right scooter, and we understand just how important it is to have a mobility scooter that matches your needs, and which comes with the backup service you expect. We believe that you will not find anybody else offering all of the following benefits at such competitive prices as us:
Wide Range Stocked
We have partnered with the leading UK manufacturers of mobility scooters to provide a range that suits every budget and need. This includes:
- TGA Mobility - the market leaders for premium mobility scooters, with all models featuring two or three-year warranties - assuring you of their quality. TGA's range includes the revolutionary folding Minimo transportable scooters, the stylish Vita scooters featuring motorcycle-industry technology, as well as the ultimate Breeze S4 road scooter.
- Pride Mobility - their Go Go travel scooters and Colt road scooters provide reliable mid-range performance at an affordable price, with the Go Go Elite Traveller 4 being the best-selling scooter in the UK. Their Apex scooters provide luxury and innovative features, with a particular focus on comfort.
- Invacare - their small but select range is renowned for its durability, backed up by a two-year warranty. Recently refreshed with the new Orion and Comet Pro models, Invacare's scooters are stylish and highly customisable.
- Sunrise Medical - whose modern S-series of scooters are both stylish and high-performance, as well as boasting outstanding comfort.
With such a large range of mobility scooters available, it can be hard to know where to start! While our website is packed full of information, and our experienced staff can talk you through all the options, nothing beats trying them out. We can arrange a consultation at your address, with one of our product specialists coming out to you with a range of scooters, assessing your needs and environment to help you pick one that's perfect for you.
Our Try Before You Buy scheme allows you to hire one of our fleet scooters on a trial basis, and refund up to four weeks' of short-term hire charges against the cost of purchasing a new scooter - ideal if you are new to mobility scooters.
Hire, Purchase and Motability
We appreciate that all of our customers have different circumstances, which is why we offer a range of solutions for getting the scooter of your dreams:
- Purchase - own the scooter of your choice outright from the start.
- Motability - the leading scheme for leasing a mobility scooter through your Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.
- Long-term Hire - with terms of either one or three years available, an ideal option for those not eligible for Motability, or who already have a car on the scheme.
- Short-term Hire - flexible hire, great for people with a temporary need or who want to try out a mobility scooter.
As well as the above, we offer:
- Specialist delivery and set up for all scooters - free if purchasing or long-term hiring. We believe it is vital that mobility scooters be delivered by a trained product specialist, who can set it up for you, make any adjustments necessary, and train you on its use. As well as this, our team of specialists will assess your environment to ensure your scooter is suitable. This technician set-up and delivery is free if purchasing or hiring on a long-term basis from us.
- Our own technicians. Our team of industry-trained technicians carry out all our repairs, servicing and maintenance ourselves, either at your address or our fully-equipped London repair centre. We don't believe in passing after-sales care onto a third party.
- Free of charge loan products. Your need to get out and about is just as important as ever when your mobility scooter is in for repair. We therefore provide a free of charge loan scooter if you are hiring or purchased from us, to keep you mobile.
- 3 months free insurance for all purchases. Insuring your scooter gives you the peace of mind that you are covered should anything untoward happen. We provide 3 months of free insurance for all mobility scooters purchased from us, allowing you to get mobile straight away, safe in the knowledge that you are covered from the start.
- Insurance included for all hires and Motability. When you hire from us, whether on a long or short-term basis, or through Motability, insurance is included as part of your hire at no additional cost.