Wheelfreedom - London’s Motability Specialists
Motability is a nationally recognised charity that offers an affordable way to lease a new mobility scooter or powered wheelchair of your choice, worry-free from your disability benefits.
Through Motability, you can turn all or part of your disability benefits into a new scooter or powered wheelchair of your choice. The low weekly payment is organised for you, and the relevant amount of your allowance is paid directly to Motability every four weeks.
Motability allows you worry-free mobility, with everything taken care of for you throughout the three-year agreement, including insurance, punctures and breakdown cover. This gives you the peace of mind that you can enjoy the use of your new scooter or powered wheelchair with everything arranged for you. Leasing a powered wheelchair or mobility scooter from Wheelfreedom through Motability allows you the chance to join over 600,000 satisfied customers enjoying a worry-free lease package.
Amongst the benefits of joining the Motability scheme are:
- New scooter or powered wheelchair every three years
- Large product range to choose from
- Assessment to ensure the equipment is suitable
- Breakdown assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Insurance cover
- Battery and tyre replacement
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs
- UK based Customer Services team
The scheme is open to those that receive one of the following benefits, and have at least 12 months' award remaining:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance
- The Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
Please note that if the DWP have invited you for a reassessment for PIP, you will not be able to join the scheme until you have confirmation that you have been awarded PIP. To discuss your eligibility further, please contact us.
Motability Through Wheelfreedom
Wheelfreedom are one of the UK's largest hirers of mobility equipment, and have partnered with Motability to offer the chance to lease a scooter or powered wheelchair from a local London-based company. The benefits of joining the Motability scheme through us include:
- Wheelfreedom are one of the UK's largest hirers of mobility equipment
- Partnered with all the major manufacturers
- Local London-based company
- All deliveries and servicing carried out by our own technicians
- Dedicated Customer Services team
- Prescriptive powerchair specialists
Scooters And Powered Wheelchairs
The majority of the scooters and powered wheelchairs we offer can be leased through the Motability scheme. This includes mobility scooters from small transportable folding scooters through to larger road capable 8 mph ones with weight capacities of up to 39 stone. A large range of powered wheelchairs are available, including advanced configurable ones from Sunrise Medical’s Quickie range and Invacare that our specialists can advise on and measure you up for. These can be customised to your needs with a range of seating and powered positioning options.
Amongst the manufacturers we supply are Sunrise Medical, Invacare, Pride Mobility, TGA and Roma Medical.
Join The Scheme
Our full range of powered wheelchairs and mobility scooters can be viewed by clicking the links at the top of this page. For further information or to book a free in-home consultation, please call us on 0800 0258 005 and ask to speak to one of our Motability specialists.