At Wheelfreedom we understand how important your powered wheelchair or mobility scooter is to maintaining your independence. It is vital to have the peace of mind that you can get mobile again should you run across any unexpected problems. We recommend having a service carried out on your wheelchair or scooter annually to ensure it remains in good working order.
Our service engineers are able to carry out repairs and services both at your address, anywhere across our catchment area, and at our workshop in south-west London. Services at our workshop further benefit from our cleaning facilities and the ability to carry out a full battery discharge test to ensure your batteries are in good health.
If you are purchased your powerchair or mobility scooter from us, or are hiring from us, then we will be able to provide you with a free of charge loan product while yours is being repaired, to keep you mobile.
What we service
We can service any scooter or powered wheelchair made by one of the manufacturers we are partnered with - currently these are Sunrise Medical, Invacare, Pride Mobility, TGA and Roma Medical. Our technical team is experienced with these manufacturers' products, and are able to source spare parts for their range.
What we charge
- A standard service costs £45. This includes up to an hour of labour.
- An enhanced service costs £55. This includes up to an hour of labour, a full clean, and battery discharge test. Enhanced services will need to be carried out at our workshop.
- Additional labour is charged at £15 per 20 minutes.
- The call-out charge depends on your location. For most addresses within the M25, it is £40. Please bear in mind that if we need to bring your equipment to our workshop and then return it, we will need to charge for both ways.
- Replacement parts are at an additional cost; this will be confirmed with you prior to fitting.
If you are purchasing a new powered wheelchair or mobility scooter from us, a service package gives you the assurance that you are covered for unexpected mechanical faults, punctures, batteries, and wear and tear, as well as an annual service. They are an ideal way of spreading the cost of repairs, which can be very expensive particularly after the first year, and when any manufacturer's warranty has expired.
- A one-year service package for a powerchair costing under £3,000, or a mobility scooter, costs £490. For advanced powerchairs costing £3,000 or more, a one-year service package costs £590. This can then be extended on an annual basis to run for a maximum of three years.
- Service packages are available for new products only, and must be purchased within 60 days of taking delivery of your new scooter or powered wheelchair.
- Insurance damage (e.g. due to accident) and breakdown cover is not included in a Service Package, and we would recommend taking out a policy from Fish Insurance to complement it - more information can be found on our dedicated insurance page.
All prices are exclusive of VAT. If the powerchair or scooter user is permanently disabled or chronically sick, they will not need to pay VAT.
For more information on servicing, please contact us on 0800 025 8005 to speak to one of our product specialists, who will be happy to discuss your requirements, and recommend a suitable option.