Who We Are
We launched Wheelfreedom in 2007 having experienced first-hand the problems of sourcing a quality wheelchair for a relative. Since then, we have gained over 10 years' experience, supplying over 40,000 wheelchairs and mobility scooters to members of the public and the health sector.
Our specialist mobility division operates in London and the Home Counties and offers mobility scooters and both manual and electric wheelchairs, with a range of solutions including short and long-term hire, purchase and the Motability scheme. We offer consultations for high-end prescriptive powerchairs, tilt in space wheelchairs and lightweight active user wheelchairs, as well as an OT assessment service for those with complex seating needs.
We also operate a nationwide manual wheelchair hire service, providing foldable wheelchairs, rollators and knee scooters for next-day delivery across mainland Britain.
Why Use Us?
We passionately believe that we deliver a level of service significantly above and beyond other sellers, providing you with value for money - you won't find the same products with the same level of after sales care for cheaper anywhere else.
For mobility scooters, electric wheelchairs, active user wheelchairs and tilt in space manual wheelchairs, our service includes:
- In-house team of industry-trained technicians. This allows us to carry out all servicing, maintenance and repairs ourselves, rather than passing the responsibility onto a third party. This can either be done at your address, or at our fully-equipped London-based repair centre.
- We deliver all products ourselves - free for all purchases and long-term hires. We strongly believe that mobility scooters and specialist wheelchairs should be delivered by a trained product specialist, who assesses your environment to ensure the equipment is suitable, fully sets it up for you, making any adjustments that are needed for your comfort, and trains you on the use of it. Our fleet of van-based product specialists allows us to do this, and technician delivery and set up is free for all purchases and long-term hires.
- Free of charge loan products provided. If your scooter or electric wheelchair comes in for repair, your need to get around doesn't change. As such, we keep you mobile by providing a free of charge loan product if you hired or purchased your powerchair or scooter from us. Unfortunately due to the highly bespoke nature of active user wheelchairs, we are not able to offer loan products for these - however, most repairs of them can be completed on-site.
- OT assessment service. Some people with advanced clinical seating needs may benefit from having a qualified Occupational Therapist assess their seating requirements. We have partnered with the OT Service, allowing us to provide this assessment service, saving you the hassle of having to source an outside OT when getting a wheelchair from us.
- 3 months free insurance for all purchases. Insuring your mobility scooter or electric wheelchair is vital to give you peace of mind that you are covered should anything untoward happen. We provide 3 months of free insurance for all powerchairs and scooters purchased from us, allowing you to get mobile straight away with the reassurance that you are covered from the off.
- Insurance included for all hires and Motability. If you are hiring from us, whether on a long or short-term basis, or leasing through Motability, insurance is included as part of your hire at no additional cost.
- Range of solutions, including hire, purchase, finance and Motability. Different people have different circumstances, which is why we provide a range of ways to get hold of the scooter or wheelchair of your dreams. As well as purchase, we are the London Motability dealer of choice; for those who already have a car on the Motability scheme or who don't receive the relevant benefit, we offer a similar long-term hire scheme. Finance allows you to spread the cost of a purchase over a number of years. If you needs are shorter-term, we have an extensive fleet of products available for flexible two-weekly hire.
- Try before you buy. Nothing beats trying out a powerchair or scooter in your own environment for a few weeks, to ensure it's suitable for your needs - particularly when buying high-end equipment or new to scooters or wheelchairs. Our Try Before You Buy scheme allows you to trial one of our fleet products and deduct up to four weeks of short-term hire from the purchase cost of a new product.
- Preferred supplier for the leading manufacturers. We are constantly on the lookout for innovative and quality products to help our customers, and have partnered with several market-leading manufacturers including Sunrise Medical, Invacare, Pride Mobility, Quantum Rehab, TGA and Roma Medical, to be able to offer our customers a wide choice of equipment to suit all needs. Our expertise and service levels have been recognised by our suppliers - amongst others, we are a Sunrise Medical Elite Dealer, and a TGA "A-Class" Dealer. In 2018 we were recognised as the Sunrise Medical Quickie Powered Wheelchair Dealer of the Year, acknowledging our specialism in their range of high-end prescriptive powered wheelchairs.
For hiring foldable manual wheelchairs, rollators and knee scooters, our service includes:
- National next-morning delivery. Simply order by 3.30pm and we can deliver across mainland Britain on a next-morning service.
- No deposit. To ensure our service remains affordable, we do not take any deposits.
- High quality, serviced equipment. We source reliable, effective products that will do the job well. All wheelchairs and knee scooters are fully cleaned and serviced between hires, ensuring that they arrive with you in full working order.
- Free next-day replacement service. In the unlikely event you experience any problems with your wheelchair, simply give us a ring and we can arrange to send out a free of charge replacement, to ensure you remain mobile.
- International insurance included. When hiring from us, international insurance is included, allowing you to travel with peace of mind.
In addition, we have a dedicated customer support team available to talk to you about our products and services, and able to quickly resolve any issues you might have.
As members of the British Healthcare Trades Association, we are signed up to their Trading Standards Institute approved Code of Practice, demonstrating our commitment to giving our customers the highest levels of service.
Please Contact Us to speak directly to one of our mobility specialists, who will be able to answer any questions you might have, and take your order. Alternatively, further information can be found on our website as follows:
- For mobility scooters, see our Mobility Scooters overview page, our handy guide to Choosing a Mobility Scooter, or view transportable boot scooters here, 4 mph pavement scooters here, and 6 and 8 mph road scooters here.
- For electric wheelchairs, either see our dedicated Powerchairs page, our guide to Choosing a Powerchair, or view our products here.
- For lightweight active user wheelchairs, see our specialist Active User Wheelchairs page, or browse our products here.
- For tilt in space manual wheelchairs, see our specialist Tilt in Space Wheelchairs page, or view our range of products here.
- For manual wheelchair hire and rollators, see our Manual Wheelchair Hire Service page or our guide to Choosing a Wheelchair, or view our products here.
- For knee scooters and orthopaedic leg trolleys, see our dedicated Knee Scooters and Leg Trolleys guide, or view the products here.