Manual Wheelchair Hire Service
At Wheelfreedom, we understand that many of our customers will be hiring mobility equipment for the first time, and therefore how important it is to have good advice and a reliable service. We aim to make the entire ordering process as smooth as possible, and our customer services team is here to talk you through the different options available, giving you the peace of mind that the equipment you hire will be suitable for your needs.
We pioneered the original nationwide wheelchair hire service back in 2007, and continue to provide the only all-inclusive rental service to this day. We have helped out tens of thousands of customers, and you can learn more about their experiences here. When hiring from us, all of the following comes as standard, with no additional charges or hidden extras:
- Full international insurance - with no excess, and wear and tear covered, giving you peace of mind.
- Free next-morning replacement - in case of any problems, to keep you mobile.
- All deliveries by midday - our standard delivery charge covers morning delivery, so you don't need to wait in all day.
- Flexible hire periods - no need to decide in advance how long you want your equipment for, as we understand needs can change.
- Range of sizes available - including different seat widths, to provide a comfortable fit for those of different weight and height. We don't believe that "one size fits all".
- Next-day delivery - just order by 3.30 pm.
- Bespoke foldable transport box - smart and easy to store.
- Fully service and steam-cleaned - so your wheelchair arrives in the condition you'd expect.
- No notice period for cancellations - we can collect the working day after you contact us.
- Crash-tested equipment - all our wheelchairs except the Bariatric Wheelchair are fully crash-tested.
- No deposit taken - to keep things affordable for you.
We offer a range of wheelchair hire and other equipment hire, including:
- Lightweight, foldable wheelchairs
- Elevating leg rests for injury recovery
- Heavy user and bariatric wheelchairs
- Paediatric wheelchairs for children
- Tilt in space wheelchairs for those with more advanced needs
- Powerpacks to take the strain off pushing
- Rollators to aid walking
- Knee scooters and Leg trolleys for foot and ankle conditions
All our wheelchairs are supplied to meet a particular need - we don't offer a confusing array of products that all do the same thing. We have carefully sourced reliable, effective, and transportable products to ensure they do the job for you. They are all thoroughly cleaned and serviced in between hires, to ensure that your equipment arrives with you in good working order.
Ordering and Delivery
The need for renting a wheelchair, rollator or knee scooter is often unplanned and urgent. As such, we offer next-morning delivery for all our manual mobility products (except the Tilt in Space wheelchair) across mainland Britain.
Simply place an order by 3.30pm on a weekday, and we will deliver your wheelchair to you the next working morning. Should it be required, pre-10.30 and Saturday deliveries are available for an additional cost - these can be selected either when ordering online or via the phone.
We ship our wheelchairs, rollators, orthopaedic leg trolleys and knee scooters in a custom made Wheelfreedom box, which collapses for easy storage for use again at the end of the hire period. Our wheelchairs simply require unfolding and the footrests to be clipped on, while our knee trolleys are quick and easy to assemble, with our team on hand should you have any queries.
Orders for hire can be placed either over the phone, with one of our friendly and knowledgeable customer service staff, or via the website.
Insurance and Repairs
Our full international insurance covers all hire equipment. Combined with the lightweight and transportable nature of our products, this makes them ideal for travel abroad, for example on planes or cruises.
All our rental equipment is covered by our next day replacement service. We ensure that all our products are highly maintained and fully serviced between all hires. However, in the unlikely event that you have a problem with your equipment, please let us know and we will have a replacement with you the next working morning free of charge. At this time we will collect the faulty equipment.
Payment is collected once a fortnight, and is taken automatically from the credit or debit card used to place the order. When you have finished with your equipment, simply let us know and we will arrange collection on a convenient day and cancel the payment agreement. There is no notice period for cancelling the hire, and we can arrange collection for as soon as the next working day.
Should you wish to purchase your hire product at any other point in the rental period, please contact us for a quote, as we may be able to help. New wheelchairs also are available to purchase at discounted prices; for further information please contact one of the team.